Kansas City is known for its barbecue, but the city offers much more than just smoked meat. From classic American cuisine to international flavors, there are many great places to eat in Kansas City. Whether you’re a local or a tourist, these 10 restaurants are worth checking out.
- Joe’s Kansas City Bar-B-Que– This iconic Kansas City barbecue joint consistently ranks among the best in the city. The burnt ends and ribs are a must-try, and the Z-Man sandwich is a local favorite.
- Q39 – This upscale barbecue restaurant has quickly become a local favorite since it opened in 2014. The brisket and burnt ends are standouts, and the sides like the cornbread and onion straws are not to be missed.
- Corvino Supper Club & Tasting Room – This modern American restaurant in the Crossroads Arts District offers a unique dining experience. The menu features innovative dishes like the roasted bone marrow with uni butter and the wagyu beef tartare. The tasting room offers a chef’s tasting menu with wine pairings, making it a great choice for a special occasion.
- Rye – This restaurant serves up classic American dishes with a modern twist. The fried chicken and biscuits are a standout, and the cocktails are some of the best in the city.
- Novel – This farm-to-table restaurant offers a menu of contemporary American cuisine made with local ingredients. The menu changes regularly, but the roasted beet salad and seared duck breast are always popular.
- Char Bar – This barbecue joint in Westport offers a fun atmosphere and great food. The burnt ends and brisket are delicious, and the patio is a great place to enjoy a drink on a nice day.
- Gram & Dun – This restaurant in the Plaza district serves up classic American dishes with a modern twist. The short rib mac and cheese and the duck confit are both popular dishes, and the Sunday brunch is a must-try.
- Jack Stack Barbecue – This local chain has several locations throughout the city, and it consistently ranks among the best barbecue in Kansas City. The burnt ends and cheesy corn are standout dishes.
- The Rieger – This restaurant in the Crossroads Arts District offers a menu of classic American dishes made with local ingredients. The cocktails are some of the best in the city, and the steak frites and duck confit are both popular dishes.
- El Pollo Rey – This hole-in-the-wall Mexican restaurant in Kansas City, Kansas is a local favorite. The grilled chicken is cooked over an open flame and is some of the best you’ll ever have. The tacos and quesadillas are also delicious.
In conclusion, Kansas City has a vibrant dining scene with a variety of great restaurants to choose from. Whether you’re in the mood for barbecue, classic American cuisine, or international flavors, there’s something for everyone in Kansas City. These 10 restaurants are some of the best in the city and are definitely worth a visit.